Buildings, Land & Development Properties with Planning Permission & Consent For Sale in the UK
Browse building land and development properties for sale with local aothority planning permission or consent for change of use in Engand, Scotland and Wales.
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in East Anglia: Peterborough, Luton, Southend on Sea, Welwyn, Hatfield, Stevenage, St Albans, Bedford, Dunstable, Cambridge, Norwich, Ipswich, Huntingdon, Lincoln, Harlow, Epping Forest, Brentwood, Basildon, Chelmsford, Braintree, Great Yarmouth and Kings Lynn
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in London:
Barking and Dagenham Barnet Bexley Brent Bromley Camden City of London City of Westminster Croydon Ealing Enfield Greenwich Hackney Hammersmith and Fulham Haringey Harrow Havering Hillingdon Hounslow Islington Kensington and Chelsea Kingston upon Thames Lambeth Lewisham Merton Newham Redbridge Richmond upon Thames Southwark Sutton Tower Hamlets Waltham Forest Wandsworth
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in the Midlands: Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Wolverhampton, Leicester, Northampton, Nottingham, Stoke-on-Trent, Bromsgrove, Burton upon Trent, Buxton, Cannock, Chesterfield, Dudley Evesham, Grantham, Hereford, Hinckley, Ilkeston, Kenilworth, Kettering,, Kidderminster, Leamington Spa, Lichfield, Mansfield, Nuneaton, Redditch, Rugby, Rugeley, Shrewsbury, Solihull, Stafford, Stourbridge, Stratford upon Avon, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Telford, Uttoxeter, Walsall, Warwick, Wednesbury, Wellingborough, West Bromwich and Worcester
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in North East England: Newcastle upon Tyne, Darlington, Durham, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, South Shields, Stockton-on-Tees and Sunderland.
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in North West England: Manchester, Liverpool, Warrington, Blackpool, Bolton, Stockport, Preston, Blackburn, Oldham, St Helens, Rochdale, Crewe, Carlisle, Southport, Birkenhead, Wigan, Burnley, Salford, Barrow-in-Furness, Wythenshawe, Ellesmere Port, Runcorn, Bury, Bootle, Wallasey, Huyton, Widnes, Sale and Macclesfield.
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in Scotland: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paisley, East Kilbride, Livingston, West Lothian, Cumbernauld, Hamilton, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Ayr, Perth, Kinross, Kilmarnock, Inverness, Greenock, Coatbridge, Glenrothes, Airdrie, Falkirk, Stirling, Irvine, Rutherglen, Dumfries, Motherwell, Wishaw, Clydebank, Bearsden and Cambuslang
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in South West England: Bristol. Plymouth, Bournemouth, Poole, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Torbay, Exeter, Bath, Weston super Mare, Salisbury, Taunton, Newquay Truro. Falmouth, Penzance, Tewkesbury, Cotswolds, Stroud, and Weymouth.
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in South East England: Brighton, Guildford, Worthing, Portsmouth,, Reading, Basingstoke, Southampton, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, Wokingham, Bracknell, Medway, Ashford, Dover, Oxford, Hastings, Crawley, Maidstone, Canterbury, Wycombe and Slough
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in Wales: Bangor, Cardiff Swansea Newport Rhondda Barry Cwmbran Llanelli Neath Wrexham Bridgend Port Talbot Pontypool Aberdare Caerphilly Merthyr Tydfil Colwyn Bay Pontypridd Rhyl
- Properties & land with planning permission for sale in Yorkshire: Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Wakefield, Scunthorpe, Calderdale, Selby, Harrogate,, Scarborough, York, Hull, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Huddersfield, Halifax, Dewsbury and Keighley
Change of Use, Planning Permission & Consent for Development Land & Properties
Converting a building with an existing use - shop or a pub, a church or a barn - will require planning permission, as will dividing off part of your investment to use as a separate home, for example as a granny flat, or for business use, or converting a garage into living space.
There are certain types of change of use, which do not require planning permission. For example, a change of use from one type of shop to another does not (normally) require planning permission. These are set out in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes Order) 1987.
Certain changes are permissible between and within the use classes without the need for planning permission, subject to satisfying the appropriate criteria.
Planning permission may be required if the external appearance of the existing pub or shop are to be altered, or if new buildings are proposed. Planning permission may also be required if a change of use is proposed from a commercial property, pubs or hotels to a residential property, and vice versa.
Planning laws on change of use may restrict development to residential property on pubs in certain areas; a city centre pub is more likely to gain permission for conversion to a residential property than the only pub in the village. High street pubs may also be put to different commercial uses; some changes are considered as 'permitted development' under the Use Classes Order 1987.